Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Week 4

Week 4 is what they call "recovery" week. While there aren't any lifting or strength exercises really (no Ab Ripper X, thankfully), this was a tough week. We had a new work out added this week called Core Synergistics. Our week looked like this:

Yoga X
Core Synergistics
Kenpo X
X Stretch
Yoga X
Core Synergistics
X Stretch

The yoga, and some of the Core Synergistics has been really hard on my shoulders. I think I have a mild strain and doing some of the exercises hurt a bit. On Thursday my right shoulder really hurt and I was worried about doing the yoga on Friday. Somehow once I got warmed up and started the routine my shoulder stopped hurting and I actually did the best I ever have on the yoga routine. My shoulder is still not 100 percent, but the yoga really helped it I think. The Core work out was a lot of different push ups, supermans, bananas, stuff like that. My lower back has been really sore. We start phase 2 now, with the different exercises, so I'm excited to see what we have coming up.

No comments: